Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $1,190
Get started now!
BUILD A BIG FAT PIPELINE AND CLOSE THOSE DEALS!
Build a big fat pipeline with the Filling the Funnel program and close it out with the Driving to Close program. Earn more, close more, and get the career you want. This bundle will help you out throughout the entire sales cycle from booking more meetings through email, phone, and social. You'll also learn how to close more of your pipeline which can be especially useful as quotas go up and territory size goes down.
ARE THESE COURSES FOR YOU?
This bundle is particularly beneficial if you prospect and close - or want to. If you're in sales development but want to move to an account executive role, or you're an account executive who still prospects, then this course is for you. If you're in client success or account management, we recommend the Driving to Close program.
John Barrows started his career making over 400 calls a week and growing Thrive Networks to a $10 million a year company and taking every training he could. After Thrive was acquired by Staples, John joined Basho, the team whose training resonated with him the most. At Basho, John was the only trainer who also was active in selling their services each and every day. After Basho, John launched JBarrows sales training and has trained sales reps around the world at companies like Salesforce, Google, and Box.
FILLING THE FUNNEL
LAY THE FOUNDATION
In this session we lay the foundation for prospecting success by outlining the mentality, approach and specific activity numbers necessary to excel. You will walk away with:
- The key to staying relevant in Sales as the profession continues to evolve and automate
- How to apply the fundamental process of sales (AIDA) to prospecting
- A specific equation that breaks down your unique numbers to success
IDENTIFY THE TARGET
In this session we dive into the importance of client segmentation and the nuances involved in identifying which clients are worth spending our time on. You will walk away with:
- A process to segment and refine your account list into Tier1, Tier2, and Tier3
- How to effectively balance quality and quantity prospecting activities
- How to create your Tier1 Hit List and what to do with it
KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE
In this session we look within our target accounts to find the executives we need to connect with and how to speak their language to maximize our chances of a response. You will walk away with:
- A definition of the Power Line and the characteristics of a true Champion
- Specific words, phrases and approaches to avoid and use when e-mailing or calling executives
- The top 3 priorities of all C level executives in 10 core industries
FIND YOUR REASON
In this session we identify the business triggers that are most relevant to our targets and how to find them, leveraging research and social tools to make relevant connections. You will walk away with:
- A list of business triggers to listen for specific to the value your solution provides
- Where and how to find business triggers for your target accounts
- How to get information and triggers on your accounts
DEVELOP YOUR MESSAGE
In this session we learn how to develop messaging that focuses on getting the attention of the key executives we want to connect with and earning the right to continue the conversation. You will walk away with:
- Why the traditional Elevator Pitch fails
- How to develop multiple attention-grabbing statements that can be used in calls or e-mails
- How to create a Messaging Matrix based on triggers and priorities
DELIVER YOUR MESSAGE (PHONE)
In this session we focus on delivering your message through phone with a specific structure and best practice approach. You will walk away with:
- How to develop and deliver the “Winning Call”
- Specific weak introductions to avoid and powerful introductions to use when making calls
- How to leave a voice mail that focuses them to listen to your value proposition before hanging up.
DELIVER YOUR MESSAGE (EMAIL)
In this session we focus on delivering your message through e-mail with a specific structure and best practice approach. You will walk away with:
- How to write the “Why You, Why You Now” e-mail that drives a 15-20% positive response rate from executives.
YOUR CONTACT STRATEGY
In this session put all the learnings from the previous sessions together to create a contact strategy to drive consistent, effective prospecting. You will walk away with:
- How to implement a multi-touch contact strategy that focuses on saying something different and adding a different piece of value on each touch
- The difference between your Tier1 and Tier2 account contact strategy to maximize time management
INTEGRATE SOCIAL SELLING
In this session we talk about how to integrate social selling into your process to help drive results and build your brand. You will walk away with:
- A clear definition of the two main components of social selling and how to do both
- What tools, technologies and resources to use to maximize your social selling activities
- How to build social selling into your daily routine
MANAGE YOUR TIME
In this session we address how to improve your time management skills while also figuring out which prospecting approaches work and which ones don’t. You’ll walk away with:
- How to define your different approaches and split test them to see which ones work
- How to focus your time while tracking and measuring results
- The key to consistent improvement
DRIVING TO CLOSE
In this session we discuss the main goal of negotiations, when to negotiate and the importance of objectivity and equality throughout the entire process. You’ll walk away with:
- The ultimate goal of negotiations and when to negotiate
- The difference between Quid Pro Quo and the Rule of Reciprocity in negotiations
- How to create a Scorecard to objectively measure the health of any opportunity in your pipeline and improve forecast accuracy
THE PERFECT MEETING
In this session we walk through a process for how to prepare for meetings with the Perfect Meeting structure with the goal of elevating our questioning and the engagement level of the client. You’ll walk away with:
- Why most meetings are a waste of time based on the approach we take as sales professional
- How to elevate your engagement by developing the Perfect Meeting questions starting with the client’s Industry and moving down to the specific Project you want to talk about
- Why we should focus our presentation on the 20% of our solution that aligns with the client’s priorities
PROACTIVE OBJECTION HANDLING
In this session we explore why objections are so challenging for most sales reps to deal with and how to put ourselves in the best position possible to handle them effectively. You’ll walk away with:
- The reason the client usually wins when it comes to objections
- Why it’s so important to be proactive when dealing with objections compared to reactive
- The main objection handling techniques including how and when to use each of them
CLOSING IT OUT
In this session we talk about the challenge of closing and why it’s important to not only think of closing at the end of the sale process. Closing happens at every stage of the sales process and we need to practice and use the various techniques to be successful. You’ll walk away with:
- The reasons closing is so difficult
- The two categories of closing (Hard and Soft)
- The main closing techniques including how and when to use each of them
- Scott Schachter, Account Executive, Drift
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
WINNING SALES TECHNIQUES
John has a gift for being able to present winning sales techniques in a way that is easy to comprehend, retain and more importantly implement. His passion for sales is infectious and undeniable. He makes you a better sales person, period. I would strongly recommend him to anyone who is looking to grow their business and improve their sales force.
-Vincent Verducci, Regional Sales Manager
I highly recommend anyone who is looking to improve their sales game to take John's trainings. John's knowledge of traditional and nontraditional selling techniques and sales methodology is his key differentiator from other sales trainers.
Outside of his trainings, John is down-to-earth and is willing to help others succeed.
-Dan Houck, Commercial Sales
TRAINING THAT STICKS
We hired John to train our BDRs and Growth segment AEs during a pivotal time at Talkdesk and in less than two weeks, his training has become the nucleus for our entire outreach strategy; we're already seeing an uptick in email responses, increased rep confidence in cold calls, and more meetings of value being set up meetings for Dreamforce 2017.
There are trainings where reps are taken off of the phones for a day or two, only to disregard everything they've learned a short time later. There are also trainings that keep you engaged and motivate you to change for the better with practices you can put into action the same day. John firmly belongs in the latter camp and we're expecting a successful Q4 and beyond partly due to him; I cannot stress enough that his training is well worth the investment and then some.
- Ilan Kopecky, Inside Sales and Development Leader
ULTRA LOGICAL APPROACHI've been a geek for training and personal development for the last 10 years and John's high-integrity, ultra-logical approach to prospecting, selling, and negotiating the close stands out from the crowd by a mile. Thanks for the great coaching John! Let me know when you ink your book deal! (it can't be far off...)
- Mac Strong, Territory Manager
COMPANIES IMPLEMENTING JBARROWS TRAINING
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long is the training?
Each course takes about 6 hours to complete including exercises. Instead of filling it with fluff, we focus on bringing you tactical relevant content that you can start using immediately to sell more. We recommend setting aside 60-90 minutes per session and doing one per week.
Where can I access the training from?
You can access the training from anywhere you have an internet connection! The office, home, library, your tablet, or your phone. Our content is 100% hosted in the cloud so you can access it anywhere.
What is the difference between your training and other free programs?
There are many things that differentiate our online sales training program from others out there. First is the content. This is the exact same content John has delivered to some of the fastest growing companies. Another differentiator is our production quality. Everything has been professionally recorded and edited. Finally we make sure that the content is up to date and current. The sales landscape has changed from even a few years ago.
Who is this course for?
This course is for B2B sales professionals who want to hone their craft and advance their career. It doesn't matter if you're an SDR in your first sales role or a seasoned account executive or account manager. These training programs will help you sell more.